Who is Inner West Neighbour Aid?
Inner West Neighbour Aid Inc. (IWNA) is a fully incorporated community organisation, established in 1992. Primarily funded by the Department of Health and Ageing, IWNA works within the Inner West of Sydney to provide support to frail older people, people with disabilities and/or their carers.
IWNA is managed by a Management Committee made up of local residents, clients, local professionals and community workers, all of whom are volunteers. The Management Committee is elected at the Annual General Meeting. IWNA employs a small number of paid staff to coordinate and manage the projects and business activities of the organisation, and to recruit, train and supervise volunteers. Many of our services are staffed by these volunteers who dedicate their time to supporting clients on a one-to-one or team basis.
Supporting our community to live independently for longer.
Inner West Neighbour Aid enhances community spirit by providing social support and home assistance to older people, people with disabilities and carers in our local area.
We connect people who are passionate about helping others with people who need support to live safely and independently at home and remain active in our community.
- Clients are central to our services and everything that we do.
- We show respect and empathy in all relationships.
- We are honest and transparent.
- We accept our individual responsibilities and value team work.
- We create a safe and supportive environment for people in our community.
- We embrace innovation so that we can continue to provide outstanding services.